Many of our parks have facilities that can be reserved. A full listing of park amenities and park locations is available under the Park Amenities section. If you would like to make a reservation or check availability please contact (651) 430-8837 or complete the reservation inquiry form.
Due to the current COVID-19 circumstances, we are not, at this time, taking any new park reservations.
Please keep checking this page for park reservation updates. Thank you for understanding.
All City Parks are open Mid-April to Mid-October weather dependent.
Hours are 6:00am to 10:00pm.
Teddy Bear Park hours are 8:00am to 8:00pm.
Park Reservation Facility Fees
Any Picnic Shelter or Gazebo
A $100 refundable damage deposit plus one of the following fees: $50/day for Stillwater city resident or $100/day for non-Stillwater city resident.
Park Open Space
A $100 refundable damage deposit plus $50 for non-Stillwater city residents and zero for City of Stillwater residents.
Pioneer Park Bandshell or Lowell Park Amphitheater
A $100.00 refundable damage deposit and a $125.00 fee for residents or nonresidents.
Cost to Reserve Teddy Bear Park Building
Rentals are limited to the building in Teddy Bear Park. Park grounds and restrooms are a public space that are not part of the facility rental. A $100 refundable damage deposit per floor is required plus the following:
|Monday - Thursday
First 3 hours
First 3 hours
* Rate based on a minimum of 10 meetings per year with no food at the meeting.
|Friday - Sunday
First 3 hours
First 3 hours
Alcohol in the Parks
- Permit to Consume: The City of Stillwater requires a Permit to Consume (fee $35.00) for the consumption of any type of alcohol in the parks (beer, wine coolers, hard liquor). Contact the Parks Department at 651-430-8837 to obtain this permit. Alcohol is not permitted in Teddy Bear Park.
- Police Officer Required: If there are more than 75 people in attendance in the park and alcohol is available, you are required to hire one of the City’s police officers. This fee is paid directly to the officer. To schedule an officer for your event contact the Police Department at (651) 351-4900 Monday-Friday, (8 am-4:30 pm).
- Permit to Sell Alcohol: To sell alcohol in the parks, the applicant must apply for a temporary liquor license. Contact the City Clerk at (651) 430-8802.
Large Gatherings in Stillwater Parks
Gatherings that are in attendance of 250 people or more in a Stillwater city park must complete an Event Application. See the Special Event Information section for instructions and an application.
The City of Stillwater has athletic fields suitable for seasonal, occasional and tournament play for sports such as, but not limited to; softball, baseball, soccer, football, lacrosse and more. Athletic fields are available to reserve for organized leagues. Please note, all organizations and clubs who utilize prepared and maintained fields are required to complete a League Field Reservation Application to ensure exclusive use of needed fields. Applicable fees will apply.
Ball tournaments may sell only 3.2% beer and a permit to sell must be obtained through the Stillwater Parks Department. The permit to sell fee is $25/day and must be approved by the City Council so allow 2-3 weeks for processing. Any tournament with more than 75 people and serving alcohol must have a Police officer on duty. To schedule an officer for your event contact the Police Department at 651-351-4900, Monday-Friday, 8 am - 4:30 pm.
- NO one party can have exclusive use of the whole park except public events that have been approved by the City.
- Park facilities such as picnic shelters, bandshell, gazebos, ball fields, party rooms or park space areas are first come first serve unless a park reservation has been made.
- Any equipment needing to be staked into the ground such as tents, canopies, inflatables etc. must be approved.
- Staked equipment is not allowed in Teddy Bear Park, Heritage Park, Washington Square or Lowell Park (except for approved Special Events).
- Any inflatable equipment must have a certificate of insurance submitted to the Parks Department.
- The Parks Department does not rent out chairs, canopies, tents, or P.A. systems. The applicant is required to furnish this equipment if needed.
- All equipment such as tents, canopies, chairs, etc. brought to the park must be removed by 10 pm the same day.
- Closure of the road in front of the Lowell Park gazebo must be approved by the City. The road may only be closed for a maximum of 2 hours and any emergency vehicle must be allowed through if an emergency arises.
- The Teddy Bear Park building kitchenettes are not commercial grade kitchens. All food must be prepared off site.
- Facility users will be charge the damaged deposit for any damage to park facilities, equipment or insufficient cleanup. Users will be charged for any damage or clean up exceeding the amount of the damage deposit.
- Live or played music is permitted in the parks as long as the music not disruptive.
- Only one appliance (including PA systems, amplifiers, stereos, crockpots, coffee makers, roasters, etc.) per outlet is allowed when using electricity. Extension cords may be used but no more than one appliance on an extension cord per outlet.
- Dogs are allowed in City Parks and must be on a leash less than six feet long or housed in a portable crate or kennel. Any animal excrement must be disposed of properly in a sanitary manner. Domestic animals are not allowed in Teddy Bear Park.
- Recreational bonfires are not allowed in City Parks.
- Alcohol is permitted in City parks with proper permits. See Alcohol rules above.
- Skate boarding is not allowed on public streets or right-of ways. The City does have a skateboarding park located on Curve Crest Blvd (behind the Stillwater Rec Center). Rules of operation are posted at the facility.
- Nothing shall be sold or advertised for sale on or in City parks unless correct licensing procedures are followed according to Stillwater City Code.
- Reservations are not available for July 4th.
If you would like to request a reservation please contact (651) 430-8837 or complete the reservation inquiry form.
- Submittal of the on-line reservation request form does not guarantee your reservation for a particular park, date or time. Once the form is completed and sent, you will be contacted regarding your request.
- When booking a park reservation, the applicant agrees to the Park Rules/Policies and Reservation Procedures.
- When making a reservation you will be required to provide an address for mailing park permit and to confirm it is within the City of Stillwater city limits to receive the resident rate.
- Payment of facility fee is required when booking reservation. A $100 damage deposit will be charged if damage occurs.
- Reservations must be made a 1 week in advance.
- Park facilities are available from 6 am to 10 pm. Applicant must choose specific reservation times when booking facilities. Teddy Bear party rooms have a minimum reservation of a three hour time block with extra fees for additional hours and is only available 8 am to 8 pm. The time block must include setup and cleanup time.
- Cancellations are accepted up to 20 days prior to event with a full refund and upon return of park permit.
- Cancellation within the 20 days prior to event will forfeit facility fee.
- Reservations for next year will be taken starting October 1st of the current year.
- A $30 non-sufficient funds fees will be charged for all checks and ACH transactions returned.