Many of the products we use for cleaning and maintenance of our homes and yards contain potentially harmful or hazardous ingredients. They are called Household Hazardous Waste (HHW). These products require special handling to avoid harming you, your family, or the environment.
Please read the labels on all your household products to learn about their ingredients. The words CAUTION, WARNING, DANGER and POISON may appear on them. These key words appear on labels to alert you that the products may contain hazardous materials and can help you know where to dispose of them when you are finished using them. Proper handling of these products is important for your safety and that of others.
- Don't throw them in the garbage
- Don't pour them in the sewer
- Don't pour them on the ground
There is Household Hazardous Waste disposal available year-round at the Washington County Environmental Center located at 4039 Cottage Grove Drive Woodbury, MN 55129. Please call them at (651) 430-6655 for more information. Disposal is free of charge to residents. There is even a room full of items to choose from for free in the Reuse Room, including paint, cleaners and other useful materials.
Environmental Center hours:
- Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Fridays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturdays: 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day & other major holidays.
Example of items available at the Reuse Room: