(651) 430-8750 Fax
The Administration Department helps the City Administrator manage the functions of all other City departments and oversees the implementation of the City Council's policies and decisions.
In addition to coordinating Council activities, Administration is also responsible for Human Resources,
Intergovernmental Relations, and the duties of the City Clerk's Office.
The Administration Department:
- prepares agendas and provides support information for 24 regular meetings and approximately 8 special meetings each year.
- facilitates the activities of the City's management team to carry out Council directives.
- oversees public service delivery by all City departments.
- prepares the annual City budget for Council consideration.
- coordinates personnel services for Stillwater's regular City employees. If you are interested in available positions at the City of Stillwater visit the Employment section of the City website.
- publishes and distributes the city newsletter and manages the City website as communication vehicles to residents and visitors which are administered by the City Clerk's office.
- administers licenses and permits
- provides City records retention
- administers local & State Elections
- represents City positions with Federal, State, County and other City governments and with agencies such as the Minnesota Department of Transportation and Washington County.
- coordinates the activities of the City Attorney's office